Ready to join the waitlist?Join Waitlist
5031 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
12 - 108 months
Our mission is to nurture the whole child. We foster children’s curiosity and uniqueness through play and experiential learning. We create a school community that is passionate, supportive, and team-spirited. We partner with families, seeking to lay a foundation for the children to become active participants in a diverse world.
“I chose UTCS because of the exceptional staff who not only keep my child safe and nurtured but who appreciate his individuality. At UTCS, I know my child is interacting with adults who I genuinely like and respect for their creative, intelligent, and dedicated energy each day.”
– Maya (UTCS Parent)
The center is open Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Hours will be extended to 6 PM in January 2021.
How is UTCS staying safe during Covid?
Keeping UTCS a Safe Place for Children
We are dedicated to providing quality care, but you can expect to see different teachers and combining classrooms in the coming weeks. Teachers have been asked not to provide in-home care for families during our operating hours as we experience fluidity in our own staffing.
- UTCS is staffing additional personnel to sanitize toys, art materials, play yard equipment and classrooms throughout each day
- More vulnerable teachers may opt for cleaning duties and allow teachers with lower risk-profiles to sub in their classrooms
- This may effect the frequency and methodology surrounding parent communication
- Field trips to public gathering spaces or requiring public transit are suspended
- We’ve cancelled Hanami
- UTCS will provide virtual options for any necessary meetings
Changes at UTCS
- Short-staffing may require UTCS to operate under the Washington State, mandated ratios (1:7 for toddlers, 1:10 for 2.5+)
- Children will spend more time outside to allow for thorough cleaning
- FareStart may need to divert services to more vulnerable populations during this time. As of now, they are still delivering meals, but we expect this may change and encourage parents to be prepared to send children with lunch in the near future.
Need to get in touch with UTCS?