First Baptist Simpsonville Child Enrichment Center
Ready to join the waitlist?Join Waitlist
August 11, 2021
125 Academy Street
Simpsonville, SC 29681
8 weeks - 96 months
About First Baptist Simpsonville Child Enrichment Center
The CEC began as a Pre-school (am hours only) and was in business from 1982 to the Fall of 1993, under the direction of Kathy Murphy. The Child Enrichment Center opened in the Fall of 1993 under the direction of Davey Finley. Ms. Finley resigned in the summer of 1994 and Fran Turek served as interim director from August to January 1, 1995. Teresa Finchum took over as director in January 1995. At that time, the CEC had an enrollment of 112 children and a staff of approximately 30. Enrollment gradually increased in the original wing of the CEC until maximum capacity was reached in 1997. There was a total of 165 children enrolled at that time. The CEC maintained a full enrollment of 165 children with a staff of 50 until 2003 when the new wing of the CEC was built. In August of 2006, Yvonne Farler took over as Director of the CEC until December of 2012. Brooke Ko served as interim director until Jody Brown was hired as the Director in April of 2013. In June of 2013, Jessica Chandler was hired to assist Jody Brown. Jessica Chandler became the Director of Operations in November 2013. In August of 2018 Jennifer Standard became the director. The center is currently run under the Direction of Jennifer Standard. At present, the CEC is operating with 60 employees and approximately 221 children. There are 2 infant rooms, 2 creeper rooms, 4 toddler rooms, 3 – K2 classes, 3 – K3 classes, 3 – K4 classes, and after school care for K5 through 2nd grade with pickup from Bryson, Bell’s Crossing, Plain, and Simpsonville Elementary Schools.
The center is open Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Closed on major holidays and Good Friday.
What Makes First Baptist Simpsonville Child Enrichment Center Special?
At FBSCEC , we currently use the ABEKA curriculum for our K-3, K-4, and K-5 programs. The A Beka Book approach to education keeps learning lively, interesting, and memorable. The materials reflect sensible theory that is firmly anchored to practicality. The curriculum is built upon a firm foundation of absolute Biblical truth and sound scholarship, and is excellent at preparing your children for success in the classroom as well as in their spiritual life.
How is First Baptist Simpsonville Child Enrichment Center staying safe during Covid?
- Follow DHEC recommended procedures for child care centers.
- We use a DSS approved bleach & water solution for sanitizing in our facility.
- All adults in our facility are required to wear masks.
- All children are temperature checked prior to entering each day.
- We ask that children are kept home if a household member is sick or currently being tested for Covid-19.
- All children and staff wash their hands when they first arrive and multiple times each day.
- Parents and siblings are asked not to enter the classroom and instead drop off at the classroom door.
- Teachers sign each child in and out during the day instead of parents/guardians.
- Each classroom is kept separate during the day – classes may be combined between 7am – 8am and 5pm – 6pm due to the low number of children during those times.
- Each class eats all meals in their classroom (morning & afternoon snacks plus lunch).
- Each class has their own outside (Toddler – K4) & gym times (K2 – K4).
- Toys are cleaned and sanitized frequently and removed from play if they are put in someone’s mouth or coughed/sneezed upon.
- Each child’s naptime sheets & blankets are stored separately and mats/cribs are sanitized daily with bleach water.
- BioPure a company that specialized in people-safe sanitization, sanitizes our facility monthly
Need to get in touch with First Baptist Simpsonville Child Enrichment Center?